BoobieMilk Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of all of my customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About Me
BoobieMilk is a limited company.
Registered in England under company number – 07654444.
Registered address: Hawthorn Cottage, Greenlands Road, Sevenoaks TN15 6PG
Data Protection Officer: Karen McCully, IBCLC.
Email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 07951 600777.
Postal Address: Hawthorn Cottage, Greendlands Road, Sevenoaks TN15 6PG
- What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how I use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that I use is set out in Part 5, below.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
a) The right to be informed about my collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact me to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
b) The right to access the personal data I hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
c) The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact me using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
d) The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask me to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that I have. Please contact me using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
e) The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
f) The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
g) The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to me directly, I am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask me for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
h) Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about my use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact me using the details provided in Part 11.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- What Personal Data Do You Collect?
I may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with me):
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Payment information
- Information about your preferences and past purchases
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for my performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to my use of your personal data, or because it is in my legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Supplying products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for me to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring my product suggestions or services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you. I may also follow up with you after an appointment in order to give you information you have agreed that I can share with you, follow up on an plan we have put in place or to give you more information about something agreed during an appointment (referral progress, discount code for a product I do not stock etc)
- Supplying you with information by email, post, phone or text that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe option on my newsletter, or responding to the contact and asking to be removed, or using the above contact information at any time).
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, I may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, text message with information, news, and offers on my products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. I will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with my obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Data relating to a breastfeeding consultation will be securely stored in line with current NHS guidelines (until the child turns 25).
- Data collected for the purpose of marketing and sharing information (Newsletter) will be securely stored until the Newsletter is no longer published or you choose to unsubscribe.
- Data collected for the purpose of processing a sale will be securely stored for no longer than 5 years.
- How and Where Do You Store My Personal Data?
I will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
The security of your personal data is essential to me, and to protect your data, I take a number of important measures, including the following:
- I will explain to you the process of transferring data and how I will do that when it is agreed as our plan of action.
- Transferred information will be password protected and sent via encrypted email.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
In addition to sharing your personal data with a relevant health professional with your permission, I will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if I am involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 11.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover my administrative costs in responding.
I will respond to your subject access request within 14 working days, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, I aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date I receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of my progress.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details (for the attention of Karen McCully):
Email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone number: 07951 600777.
Postal Address: Hawthorn Cottage, Greenlands Road, Sevenoaks TN15 6PG.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
I may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if I change my business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Any changes will be made available on my website with the date of the change.